Finally, the winners of the 2018 copyright books for the Literary Awards have been selected. This was a challenging process for our judges! All participants should be proud of their books as we can tell you first hand the quality of all of the books we received has raised the standard of Indie publishing for sure. Well done!
For those of you who made the winner list, the arduous job of promoting your work has gotten a little easier through a winner seal, but it will still take some work on your part to get your book noticed. Here are some ideas on how to use your winner status to promote your title:
· Once you receive your seal, get the publisher to add it to the cover of your book.
· Post your seal everywhere! This includes your Amazon page, author page, blog, media kit, and any other social media profile or author’s bio.
· Be proud and blast it off! Announce it everywhere through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn…etc.
· Announce it to the media through the distribution of a press release.
· If you have advertisements out there, make sure you include your seal on them.
· Get features everywhere you can to announce the win.
· Schedule giveaways to celebrate.
· Publish articles on steps to produce a winning book.
For those of you who did not place in this year’s event, this is not the end of the road for your title or your writing careers! There are many things you should do.
· Read the review for hints on why yours was not selected.
· Find on your review a positive quote that you can use to add on your back cover as a Reader Views endorsement. This quote can also be used on your bio and Amazon page and announced through social media networks.
· If your review mentioned any specific problem with the production of the book, invest in some consulting help to correct by revising it, or avoid flaws on your next book.
· Do not get discouraged! You have done something most only dream of. Keep at it!