I have always loved books. Reading them, holding them, smelling them, stacking and rearranging them – anything and everything bookish. This is why Reader Views is a dream-come-true for me. I could never have imagined that I would one day be able to get my hands on so many great books to read, let alone voice my opinions of those books to authors and other book lovers like me! So, it’s no surprise that I get more than a little excited when I get an email from someone wanting to review for us. In my mind a book lover is someone who sees reading as a basic need, and regardless of their budget or time constraints, people like this are somehow always reading something. You know who you are. So, what’s stopping you – become a reviewer!
Here are a few of the benefits:
· Free Books! To a book lover, this is like getting free food on an all you can eat menu. The only catch is to write honest reviews about what you read. HOW to do that is a topic for another day, but – did I mention FREE BOOKS?
· Choosing the books you want to read. Becoming a reviewer does not means that you won’t be able to choose what you read. On the contrary, we want you to review books you are interested in – life is too short to do otherwise. That said, you may choose to experiment in genres outside your norm, and for that, more power to you! I discovered many genres in my many years of reviewing that I might not have even considered at one point in time.
· Be the first to discover the next big name in books. We receive many books to review before they hit the shelves. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve finished a book completely in awe of what I just read. Some of the debut authors we review are amazing – and, you never know who’s going to be the next (insert your favorite author here).
· Developing relationships. My favorite aspect of being a reviewer is the relationship that developed with authors and publishers. Whether the reviewer becomes a professional reviewer for one of the big companies or remains an independent reviewer or for their own blog; the experience is enriching, connecting with the literary world and publishing industry.
· Reading improves your writing! We all know this already – if you’re a writer you MUST read! Stay current in your genre by studying the books of your fellow authors. There’s nothing more inspiring than reading the words of others!
Become a reviewer!
Reading and writing have always been a big part of my life, but it wasn’t until I became a reviewer that I truly threw myself into my purpose and passion. How about you – won’t you join me? Learn more about becoming a reviewer for Reader Views.